What is the best treatment for sports injury?
- Protection – protect the affected area from further injury – for example, by using a support.
- Rest – avoid exercise and reduce your daily physical activity.
- Ice – apply an ice pack to the affected area for 15-20 minutes every two to three hours.
What are the 7 most common sports injuries?
- Knee Injury. About 55% of sports injuries occur in the knee.
- ACL Tear. Your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is responsible for connecting your thigh to your shinbone at your knee.
- Tennis or Golf Elbow.
- Shin Splints.
- Groin Pull.
- Hamstring Strain.
How do you make sports injuries heal faster?
- Step 1: Rest.
- Step 2: Ice.
- Step 3: Compression.
- Step 4: Elevation.
- Protein-rich foods.
- Vitamin C.
- Omega-3 fats.
- Calcium-rich foods and vitamin D.
What are two common treatments to sports injuries? Rest – keep the injured area supported and avoid using for 48-72 hours. Ice – apply ice to the injured area for 20 minutes every two hours for the first 48-72 hours. Compression – apply a firm elastic bandage over the area, extending above and below the painful site.