What is sports injury rehabilitation? Sports rehabilitation is a type of physical therapy that treats people of all ages who have musculoskeletal system pain, injury, or illness. With the use of exercise, movement, and therapeutic interventions, sports rehabilitation helps maintain health and fitness and helps you recover from injury and reduce pain.
How are sports injuries diagnosed?
- Sudden, severe pain.
- Extreme swelling or bruising.
- Not being able to place weight on a leg, knee, ankle, or foot.
- Not being able to move a joint normally.
- Extreme weakness of an injured limb.
- A bone or joint that is visibly out of place.
How do you treat sports injuries?
- Protection – protect the affected area from further injury – for example, by using a support.
- Rest – avoid exercise and reduce your daily physical activity.
- Ice – apply an ice pack to the affected area for 15-20 minutes every two to three hours.
What are the types of sport injuries?
- Strains. Strains are by far the most common of all sports-End. injuries simply because we use so many muscles and tendons when we exercise or play.
- Knee injuries.
- Tennis elbow.
- Plantar fasciitis/shin splints.
- Back injuries/back pain.