What is an example of social self-care? 5 Social Self-Care Activities
Meet up with a friend for a walk and talk: Connect emotionally and stay active at the same time (great for your physical self-care). Join an online support group: Sometimes, having others who can relate to your struggles and triumphs as a caregiver can be a great support system.
How can I improve my social health?
- Recognize how other people influence you.
- Share your feelings honestly.
- Ask for what you need from others.
- Listen to others without judgement or blame.
- Disagree with others respectfully.
- Avoid being overly critical, angry outbursts, and violent behavior.
What are the benefits of social self-care?
- It helps protect us from depression and anxiety.
- Talk to friends and family.
- Find ways to keep doing what you love—safely.
- Reach out for professional help.
- Find online support.
What is your best social self? A healthy sense of self worth including body image. Strong connections and emotional bonds with friends and family. Satisfaction and enjoyment with physical intimacy in relationships. An ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with people verbally and nonverbally.