What is an antibullying program? The program is designed for children in grades 1-3. It addresses: a definition of bullying; ways children can respond if they are being bullied and how they can help if they see someone who is being bullied; the difference between telling and tattling; and the important lesson that no one ever deserves to be bullied.
What state has the strictest anti-bullying laws? New Jersey Passes Toughest Anti-Bullying Legislation in US – But how does it Prevent Bullying? In response to Rutgers Freshman Tyler Clementi’s tragic suicide after webcam images were taken and posted of him on the internet, the New Jersey legislature passed the toughest anti-bullying legislation in the nation.
How effective are anti-bullying Programmes? Specifically, it was found that school-based anti-bullying programs were effective overall in reducing school-bullying perpetration by approximately 19%–20% and school-bullying victimization by approximately 15%–16%.
How can you effectively move from being a bystander to being an Upstander?
- Take action by telling the bully to stop.
- Take action by getting others to stand up with them to the bully.
- Take action by helping the victim.
- Take action by shifting the focus and redirecting the bully away from the victim.
- Take action by telling an adult who can help.