What are the 5 stages of rehabilitation in sport?
- Phase 1. Protection and Offloading.
- Phase 2. Protected Reloading and Reconditioning.
- Phase 3. Sport Specific Strength, Conditioning and Skills.
- Phase 4. Return to Sport.
- Phase 5. Injury Prevention.
How do you diagnose an injury? During the physical exam, your doctor will check for swelling and points of tenderness in your affected limb. The location and intensity of your pain can help determine the extent and nature of the damage. X-rays can help rule out a fracture or other bone injury as the source of the problem.
How are sports injuries diagnosed?
- Sudden, severe pain.
- Extreme swelling or bruising.
- Not being able to place weight on a leg, knee, ankle, or foot.
- Not being able to move a joint normally.
- Extreme weakness of an injured limb.
- A bone or joint that is visibly out of place.
What is sports injury rehabilitation? Sports rehabilitation is a type of physical therapy that treats people of all ages who have musculoskeletal system pain, injury, or illness. With the use of exercise, movement, and therapeutic interventions, sports rehabilitation helps maintain health and fitness and helps you recover from injury and reduce pain.