What are signs of socially awkward?
- You feel super nervous in social interactions.
- You misread people or don’t pick up on social cues.
- You avoid socializing whenever possible.
- Conversations don’t flow.
- People don’t get your jokes or find them offensive.
- There are lots of awkward silences when you talk to people.
How do I stop being so socially awkward?
- Dive deep. Spending a little time learning more about social awkwardness might help you feel more accepting of this part of yourself.
- Remember that awkward situations happen to everyone.
- Face awkwardness head-on.
- Practice interacting with others.
- Try to stay present.
Do I have social anxiety or am I just awkward? Shyness is common, and it refers to feeling uncomfortable in social situations. Often, if someone feels shy, they can still motivate themselves to perform when needed. Social anxiety, however, is an anxiety disorder that can affect someone’s quality of life.
Do socially awkward people know they are? People who are socially awkward make other people feel uncomfortable. They don’t feel uncomfortable themselves. People who are socially awkward aren’t aware that they are, in fact, awkward.