You have two options when protecting your iPhone 7’s hi-fi screen: a tempered glass protector or a plastic one. The term “glass” may cause some forehead marks as glass is known to be fragile. This means that you may not have included the prefix “tempered” with your screen protectors. These screen protectors are far more reliable than plastics.
Differences between the two versions
Tempered glass is a superior choice because of many parameters. These parameters will help you understand the differences between glass and plastic.
- Price – Plastic screen protectors are much cheaper than tempered glass. Prices will vary depending on the material used. The price range for plastic glass protectors is $1 to $10, while tempered protectors are $2 to $35.. Technology such as the oleophobic coating on both can reduce fingerprints.
- Toughness – Tempered glass is stronger than plastic, even though the price may be the same. The plastic protectors are not as scratch-resistant as the glass ones. They have a thickness of 0.3 to 0.5mm, whereas the plastic protector is 0.1mm.
- Feel – Nearly all smartphones have a Gorilla glass projection. You won’t be able glide your finger smoothly across the screen if you use a protective plastic. You will feel as though you are touching the original screen when you use iphone 7 plus’s tempered glass protectors.
- Look – The appearance of glass protectors on certain phones can be an aesthetic issue. The glass protector will bulge out slightly more than the plastic. This will cause the iPhone’s Home button to be receded more than usual.
- Installation: It is very difficult to install a plastic screen protector on your phone. You can choose from different types of glass protectors, such as full adhesive or bezel-adhesive. It is easier to install if you purchase a high quality product. You will need to clean the screen first.
With so many benefits and differences, it’s easy to see why tempered glass protectors have such high demand.
Tips for choosing
Always use a screen protector that can be easily replaced, won’t scratch your wallet, and is not too expensive. You should also ensure that the oleophobic coating is high-quality. If you’re looking to purchase a screen protector made of tempered glass for your phone, it will make sense. However, you might be better off spending a bit more on a protector.
There are many such iPhone screen protector makers. Visit their website to learn more about their specifications, pricing, and functionality so that you can make the right choice.