Professionals use their websites to promote their services, such as lawyers and law firms. To attract more clients and generate more leads, your website must rank highly on search engines. Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is essential. Your potential to attract customers is limited if you don’t use SEO. You won’t rank well in search engine results.
Here’s some DIY or do-it yourself tips to help you create a SEO-friendly website.
Page titles are crucial in Google SEO. The page title should accurately describe what the page contains. For instance, you can use Law Firm SEO Company as a title to help users understand that the content is about an SEO company helping law firms optimize their websites.
These are the do’s and don’ts when you make page titles that will rank higher in Google search.
- Don’t make titles that are irrelevant to the content of your page.
- Avoid using a title for all the pages of your site.
- Use brief, descriptive titles. Avoid using long titles that aren’t helpful for visitors.
Do not use jargons, as potential customers may search using different terms. Keyword research is essential as it allows you to understand the phrases and words that consumers use to search for your services. For instance, users use inheritance recovery attorneys instead of lawyers for claiming endowment when searching in Google.
To identify what keywords are being used in their search queries, you can use the following tools:
- Google Keyword Planner – the most popular keyword research tool because it’s free and integrated with Google AdWords
- SEMRUSH – considered the easiest keyword research tool for bloggers and showed the ranking of the keywords in a site when you enter the URL of your competitor
- Aherfs Keyword Explorer – uses clickstream data that shows the number of clicks you get from search engines
- LongTailPro – popular for its detailed keyword analysis
The two types of sitemaps necessary for search engine optimization of your website is the XML and HTML sitemap. Search engines can understand the structure of your website using the XML sitemap, while the HTML sitemap allows users to quickly find information about your site.
Sitemaps help you understand the most important pages and to prioritize them. It is essential to optimize your website’s performance.
Here’s a list of sitemap tools that you can use:
- Slickplan – best sitemap generator for beginners since it organizes all of your links aside from their 30-day free trial.
- Write Maps – great for XML code in your links since XML is the language of search engines when crawling on your site
- Mindnode – best for designers who want their websites rank high in SEO ranking
- Screaming Frog – focus is on SEO analysis that helps tie in your best keywords and your link structure
URLs, or permanent link structure, are vital because it gives search engines the context and target of the page. This can also impact your visibility and rankings.
Here are guidelines in creating SEO-friendly URLs:
- Don’t make long URLs; make it simple and easy for search engines and users.
- Use words to describe the page but don’t overstuff it with keywords.
- Separate words by using hyphens not underscores.
- Don’t use capital letters as it will only confuse readers as well as search engines.
Internal links make it easier for your users to navigate your website. This is achieved by linking to pages on your site, especially if they are End. to other articles. This is an important tool in on-site SEO because you can link to old posts.
However, you must follow certain rules when using internal hyperlinks. Here’s a guideline for using internal links:
- Use keyword anchor text or the full article title when linking articles End. to each other.
- Make the links useful for both users and search engines.
- Avoid using generic anchor texts such as click here for internal linking.
- Link only when necessary; don’t overdo it.
Marketing your services is possible by creating a website. It is important to use SEO to promote your website, especially since customers can search for anything online. It is easy to maintain a traffic-driven site if you do it correctly and use the right tools.