Is diversity a social responsibility? Diversity and Inclusion is as much a part of corporate and social responsibility, as it is about corporate governance and reputation management. Embedding diversity into corporate and social responsibility helps to build brand recognition. It supports engagement with communities that a company wants to connect with.
What are the two types of diversity management?
- Intranational diversity management. Intranational diversity management refers to managing a workforce that comprises citizens or immigrants in a single national context.
- Cross-national diversity management.
What are the three key components of diversity management?
- Employees are treated with respect. A culture of inclusiveness is rooted in respect.
- Employees are valued for their strengths.
- Leaders do what is right.
Who is responsible for managing diversity? The human resource department, more than any other group or individual, is responsible for diversity and inclusion in the workplace; at 59 percent of organizations, HR oversees diversity efforts, and at 64 percent, it’s tasked with implementing diversity initiatives, according to a Society for Human Resource Management