How do you start an essay about your beliefs? Develop a Thesis Statement
Begin developing your thesis statement by making a list of words that describe your personal belief system. From that list choose three to five words that best encompass your entire philosophy and work those words into one or two sentences that explain your beliefs.
What are examples of beliefs? A belief is usually a generalization. For example, a person may believe that killing is bad or consuming alcohol is bad. But not every religion will support these beliefs. Beliefs are often very strongly ingrained in us that they influence our behaviors, thoughts, and attitudes in very powerful ways.
How do you start a belief statement?
- Step 1: Answer the following 10 questions. Do you believe…
- Step 2: Write your belief statement.
- Step 3: Post and revisit.
How do I write what I believe in an essay?
- Tell an interesting story. Describe to readers when your belief was formed and how it made you feel.
- Do not write too much. Make an essay about 400-600 words.
- Make sure you have named your belief.
- Write from the first person.
- Write positively.