How do you start an essay about your beliefs? Develop a Thesis Statement
Begin developing your thesis statement by making a list of words that describe your personal belief system. From that list choose three to five words that best encompass your entire philosophy and work those words into one or two sentences that explain your beliefs.
How do you start a belief statement?
- Step 1: Answer the following 10 questions. Do you believe…
- Step 2: Write your belief statement.
- Step 3: Post and revisit.
What are examples of beliefs? A belief is usually a generalization. For example, a person may believe that killing is bad or consuming alcohol is bad. But not every religion will support these beliefs. Beliefs are often very strongly ingrained in us that they influence our behaviors, thoughts, and attitudes in very powerful ways.
What to write for a This I Believe essay?
- Write the list of words or ideas that describes your life.
- Write the list of the most memorable moments of your life.
- Think about who influenced your life mostly.
- Write the list of the greatest achievements in your life.
- Write the list of your dreams.