How do I stop being socially awkward at work?
- Shift Your Mindset. Stop labeling yourself as ‘socially awkward’.
- Ask Yourself ‘Why? ‘
- Notice and Regulate Your Emotions.
- Focus on the Other Person.
- Focus on Growing and Learning.
- Practice Every Day.
- Ask for Help.
How do I know if I am socially inept?
- Having social anxiety.
- Finding social situations difficult to navigate.
- Failure to meet others’ social expectations and social norms.
- Feelings of loneliness.
- Being less intuitive around social graces.
- Crossing boundaries and unknowingly violating personal space.
What do you do when your boss is socially awkward?
- Laugh at your boss behind her back. It might feel cathartic; but gossiping is counterproductive.
- Expect your boss to be superhuman. Try to accept her for the mere mortal he is.
- Make excuses for your boss.
How do you work with socially awkward people? Model good social skills for them
Let them see how you make conversation with people you’ve just met, and the things you say to make them feel at ease and get a discussion going. Model how it’s okay and important to be comfortable with yourself, and to open up and share your flaws and vulnerabilities at times.