How do I stop being so socially awkward?
- Dive deep. Spending a little time learning more about social awkwardness might help you feel more accepting of this part of yourself.
- Remember that awkward situations happen to everyone.
- Face awkwardness head-on.
- Practice interacting with others.
- Try to stay present.
How do I become less cringe? If you’re cringing and beating yourself up you might try: Forcing yourself not to think about the cringey moment. Doing something else to get your mind off the memory. Telling yourself what happened wasn’t so bad, or that no one else cares, so you have no reason to wince at it.
How do I stop being a weirdo?
- Understand that most people aren’t ‘normal’
- Learn the difference between obnoxious and weird.
- Think about the purpose of social rules.
- Be flexible in how you think about social rules.
- Be warm and approachable.
How can I stand without looking awkward?