How can students use technology responsibly?
- Have a frank conversation. Technology is a part of life.
- Encourage them to think about the future.
- Remind them to be kind.
- Teach them to respect people’s privacy.
- Familiarise yourself with technology.
- Interacting safely online.
- Did you find what you needed?
How do you provide equitable access to technology for students? Use Partnerships to Enable Equitable Access to Technology
Partnerships between schools and external organizations or other schools in the community can help educators bridge their gap in funds for technology. The best partnerships are with organizations that have the resources your school lacks.
How can we use technology for responsibility?
- 1 – Set boundaries for device use and demand that family time is respected.
- 2 – Prevent your children to go to sleep to electronic devices.
- 3 – Encourage cultural, sports or other outdoor activities.
- 4 – Respect their privacy, but teach them to protect it.
- 5 – Lead by example.
What is a responsible Internet use policy? A RUP is a policy that treats the student as a person who is responsible for their own ethical and appropriate use of the Internet and their devices. As part of the update to this policy, staff and student/guardian signatures are no longer required as acceptance of this policy.